We believe every Missouri child should have health insurance.
But over the last few years, more Missouri children are becoming uninsured. Cover Our Kids is working to reverse these trends to ensure that every child eligible for health insurance through MO HealthNet is covered.
The Collaborative began in 2018 and is funded through the David and Lucile Packard Foundation as part of the Insuring America’s Children – Reaching the Finish Line project, and Missouri Foundation for Health.
Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provide critical health insurance to more than 800,000 Missourians.
As the State of Missouri examines how to make its program, MO HealthNet, a best in class system, policymakers can enact proven polices to Cover Our Kids.
By streamlining enrollment procedures, improving technology, and boosting staff resources, our state can make sure that kids have the coverage they need to stay healthy.
See the Resources section for more information about policies to improve health insurance coverage for kids.
About Medicaid & CHIP
- Medicaid & Children’s Health Insurance Program in Missouri: 2020 Chartbook
- Medicaid is Critical to Children’s Health
How Medicaid Benefits Missouri’s Children
- Medicaid’s Critical Role in Early Childhood Health
- Medicaid & Schools: Working Together to Help Kids Learn
- Medicaid is Key for Current and Former Foster Youth
- Medicaid is Key to Infant & Maternal Health
Policies to Better Cover Our Kids
- Missouri Can Address State Medicaid Enrollment Challenges Through Administrative Changes
- Missouri’s Medicaid Enrollment Decline: Causes, Barriers, & Solutions
- 12-Month Continuous Eligibility for Medicaid Can Improve Child Health Outcomes and Reduce State Costs
- Overview of 12-Month Continuous Eligibility
You play an important role in helping others understand what is at stake when Missouri’s kids don’t have health care coverage.
Legislators need to hear from stakeholders in their districts about the important role that Medicaid plays in their communities. We also want to engage families and providers in telling their stories, so that we can improve Medicaid to better serve them.
Help us spread the word and grow our network of Missourians working to Cover Our Kids.
(right click to download graphic)
We can work together to ensure all Missouri kids grow up to be happy + healthy! Join us to #CoverOurKids. coverourkids.org.